Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Mother's Autograph Book

 I recently came across my mother's old autograph book.


















Most of the entries are dated 1937 to 1939, my mother's final year in high school to her year at "E.N.S", which is assume is "Edmonton Normal School," the teachers' college she attended.


















On the front cover page, she wrote invitingly:

"Friends, companions, school mates dear,
All your names are welcome here..."

(Welcome or not, my brother or I also added our preschool marks on the next page!)

Reading it still makes me laugh:


















How did they remember so many little verses to write in each others books? (Or did each person memorize one and use it again and again?!)














How many of her class mates did she keep up with? I wonder... (Probably no more than I did after my high school graduation!)


















I haven't noticed autograph books around lately. Have they been replaced by school year books? (And now, of course, Facebook  makes it easy for class mates to keep in touch for years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment