Saturday, August 27, 2011

GARLIC Festival

One recent Saturday Terry and I headed to one of our favorite Farmer's Markets...














... to discover that it had been overrun by lovers of GARLIC...














There were twice as many stands as usual.














As I wandered around the crowded market, I was on a learning curve...














I learned that there are many kinds of garlic...














Some with romantic names like "music"!


















There were also books on growing garlic.


















I definitely felt out of my league! Later on I went online and discovered in this TLC article that there are over 400 varieties!! I had no idea!!














I also discovered that these specialty garlics are much more expensive than supermarket garlic.














There was a lot going on - even a fire truck for children to explore. But for me, GARLIC DAY was disappointing. I don't like crowds - and in the end, I didn't buy anything.

(Confession: When it comes to garlic, I buy mine pre-crushed, in a supermarket jar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment