Monday, August 8, 2011

Dining Outdoors

All year long I wait for summer... I love the idea of eating outdoors. When my kids were young, we ate most of our meals on the outdoor deck. (Clean-up was easy: I hosed everything down!)














But these days, I don't eat outside very often.

Why? I wonder...

The answer lies - I think - in the memory of the time I left a hot-out-of-the-oven cake on the outdoor table to cool... I returned a few minutes later to find a squirrel busily digging chunks out of the still-steaming cake.

Now I'm afraid to leave any food unattended outside!














So when I recently decided to have breakfast outdoors - I brought everything out with me on a tray! And if I needed to step inside, everything went inside with me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment