Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wisdom in the Night

I often wake up earlier than I want to... at 2 or 3 am. For some reason, I can't get back to sleep... so many thoughts are churning in my head.

So after half an hour or so, I get up and reluctantly start my day.

I like to read a psalm in the morning, and this one is a particular favorite, as it speaks of being awake in the night... (Did the writer also suffer from insomnia?!)

The Lord Himself is my inheritance, my prize...
my food and drink, my highest joy!

He guards all that is mine.
He sees that I am given pleasant brooks and meadows as my share!
What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord who counsels me.
He gives me wisdom in the night.
He tells me what to do.

I am always thinking of the Lord;
and because He is so near, I never need to stumble or to fall.

(Psalm 15, verses 5 to 8)

I like it because it reminds me that - no matter what problem is keeping me awake - God will give me wisdom to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment