Friday, February 4, 2011

My Latest "Treasure"

I'm not much of a shopper. I prefer to discover surprises while browsing...


















Which is how I found this lovely cup.


















Waiting for a friend outside a Ten Thousand Villages Shop, I went inside to escape the cold...

This blue and white tea cup (with a strainer and a lid) quickly caught my eye. Though hand-made in Vietnam, it reminds me of traditional blue and white Polish pottery...














Perfect for a leisurely cup of tea.

(Sometimes we simply need to give ourselves a treat!)

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds me of two things. First, Ten Thousand Villages is simply one of the best shops for unique home decor, as their inventory is imported, and at a fair cost to indigenous producers, from the East. The franchise in London, Ontario was so great to open their doors after hours to our Micro-financing Club for a Christmas fundraiser. Second, the print pictured on your tea cup is one of my favourites - it resembles the delft motif popularized in the Netherlands. I hope to share a cup of tea with you from your new find!

    ReplyDelete