Thursday, February 17, 2011

Passion for Bread

I used to make bread, especially sweet rolls - which our family enjoyed in the form of cinnamon buns for Sunday breakfast. I still have vivid memories of giving each child a handful of dough to sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, cocoa powder... and shape into whatever shape he or she desired. My favorite recipe made about a hundred rolls... (But that was back in the day when there were five of us at home to eat them.)

(For anyone interested, here's the recipe on someone else's blog, the same one I used to make... It's wonderful!)

I haven't made bread in ages... But that may all change! This video, which I first saw on the Simply Breakfast blog ... is an inspiration...

And I'm intrigued with the idea that bread has a different flavor when it rises for a long time (eight hours in a cool place rather than two hours in a warm environment).

Now I want to give it a try... (Enthusiasm is contagious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment