Saturday, February 26, 2011

Do I Need a Miracle? Or a Solution?

Sometimes I'm faced with a problem that I pray about - and nothing seems to happen. So I pray some more...

For the past five years, I have been praying for an end to my type 2 diabetes... And of course I have been trying to eat more healthily, too. There are encouraging times when my blood sugar levels stabilize, or even go down to a healthier level. And then, out of the blue (it seems), they increase again, inexplicably... And I wonder why I bother trying so hard - if in spite of all my efforts, I'm moving backwards, not forwards!

Then a few weeks or months later I find out that my body has been fighting an infection (such an abscessed tooth), causing my glucose levels to increase.

But in the meantime, I've allowed myself to fall back to the unhealthy eating habits that contributed to my problem in the first place!

This cycle has been going on for nearly six years now... Effort, progress, discouragement, defeat, renewed effort... An in the meantime, I have been praying for a miracle: I want the problem to go away! But it hasn't!

Why?!

It recently occurred to me that a miracle would not teach me what I need to know... and practice: The principles of healthy eating... Years of not eating enough vegetables - and having too many high-carb energy boosts have given me bad habits... and high blood sugar.

I would love for the problem to evaporate... so that I could go back to eating the food I love! (In other words, I want a miracle, so that I can resume my bad eating habits!)

Hmmmm... I wonder if that's why my miracle hasn't happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment