Thursday, February 3, 2011

Groundhog Day














Yesterday was Groundhog day - an important date for all who are tired of winter. On this day, legend has it that hibernating groundhogs come out of their burrows to see if winter is over.














Groundhogs waking up yesterday in our part of the country would have found themselves in the middle of a big snowstorm that was sweeping north from Texas to Ontario - then eastward to the Atlantic Ocean.














Ironically, legend has it that on a stormy day like today a groundhog would assume that winter is over, since he can't see his shadow! He would emerge from his winter hibernation happy that spring is here!














Personally, if I were a groundhog, I would have rushed back into my burrow to continue sleeping until I could actually see green grass!














I have never have understood this groundhog logic! But this silly strategy seems as accurate as any other long-term weather prediction I know of!

I guess this means that SPRING HAS ARRIVED!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment