Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goals... And More Goals

My last years of teaching were stressful: My mother needed more help. At the same time, I was teaching new courses that demanded a lot of marking (my least favorite part of teaching). Sitting with my mother in doctors' waiting rooms, I would often be busy grading essays... No time to waste!

Summer vacation was the only time the school pressure eased, giving me time to reflect...

One summer, towards the end of August, on the verge of returning to work, I wrote down what I really wished I could do... my deepest desires:

1. I want to live a peaceful, joyful, inspired life, full of the joy of creativity.
2. I don't want to be stressed.
3. I want to have enough money for all my needs.
4. I want to see my children regularly, be part of their lives and rejoice in their successes.
5. I want a happy marriage.
6. I want to quilt, write, garden, and be happy.

A few days ago, I came across my list again... Reading it, I smiled.

Half a dozen years later, I am living the dream...

Why then am I still a little restless...? What do I now want?

New goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment