Thursday, September 19, 2019

Sedona ... in the Arizona Desert

The day after arriving in Phoenix, we (my son, his wife, daughter and I) drove to Flagstaff, via Sedona. It was about a two-hour drive.

The striking thing about Sedona is the redness of its rocks - which reminded me of the red sand beaches of Prince Edward Island.










Such beautiful scenery!
















No wonder the town attracts artists!

















My son had read about a catholic church built into a mountain in Sedona... so we headed off in search of it.















We learned that it had been designed by a woman - back in the days when most architects were men.















The red rocks of Sedona - and the church - will be my main memories of this beautiful desert spot.



No comments:

Post a Comment