Sunday, September 8, 2019

"Give me Experiences!"

Give me experiences, not things... I have enough stuff, Terry tells our children when asked what he'd like for a birthday or Christmas... I recently realized that this is not a new attitude - not simply the result of having a house full of stuff at a time in life when many our age are downsizing!

Terry has enjoyed "experiences" for as long as I can remember. He used to attend an annual charity auction, where he'd bid on all sorts of things, like hot-air balloon rides... (which is why I've gone up in a hot air balloon three times!)

One year, he bought two tickets for an Ottawa Senators hockey game that included a professional photo by the official photographer of the Ottawa Senators. Going through stuff recently, I came across it: my younger son, about age 10, next to the rink, an experience Terry wanted our son to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment