Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Late Summer Flowers

Hard to believe that summer is drawing to a close - at least as far as my perennials are concerned.

Not that all the flowers have died...

There are (thankfully) still a few brown-eyed Susans around...

Some of my neighbors consider them to be weeds, but I welcome their cheerfulness.





Other summer flowers - like the tall yellow golden glow rudbeckia (outhouse plant) next to the deck - are beginning to fade.

The only new blooms are the Japanese anemones (also called windflowers).

Sadly, now that they are blooming, I have no more new flowers  to look forward to...








The sedum are turning pink. I love them - and the bees love them -  but I don't really view them as flowers. Once they turn red, they stay until we cut them back.

I often don't trim them back in fall: I enjoy seeing them peer out of snow banks in winter, reminding me that my perennials will return again in spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment