Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Retirement is Better... in Big Cities?!!

I recently read that the best place for retirees to live is... the big city?!

Why?! 

Medical care is more easily accessible. 

Public transportation is better - if you are no longer able to drive.



I'm not totally surprised by all this. I saw how helpful it was to have doctors and hospitals nearby when my mother lived in Ottawa near us.

But public transportation was another matter: She rarely took the bus, depending on us to take her places.

She lived in an apartment across the street from a shopping center where she could walk - and meet up with friends.








I may be in a similar situation, if the time comes that I'm not able to drive. The nearest bus stop is several blocks away... So, like a friend who couldn't drive after hip-replacement surgery, I would probably start taking Uber or Lyft...

(Unless driver-less cars have taken over and a computer in the car can take me where I want to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment