Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Worth Keeping?!

I go through half a dozen pairs of reading glasses every year.

I buy the dollar store variety - so I'm not surprised when they break or fall apart...

Usually an arm falls off...  (I've been told it's called the "temple.")

I used to toss them out ... until I mentioned this to an optician...

Never toss them out! she informed me... They are useful as spare parts.

So I started keeping my broken glasses in a plastic container in the basement...  One more thing to keep... Would they ever prove useful?!



Recently a temple fell off: a screw had fallen out.

Great! Now I could finally use my stash!

But when Terry tried to remove the screws, most of them were in too tight... 

Eventually he did find one he could pull out. It didn't fit perfectly, but it worked...

Hmmm. I like to re-purpose things... But I wonder: Are these broken glasses really worth keeping?!

No comments:

Post a Comment