Friday, April 12, 2019

Spring Break... From the Cold and Snow

A little over a week ago, my older son and I boarded a plane - bound for the Hawaiian island of Maui, a place neither of us had ever visited before.

His plan was hatched one cold winter day in January, when he read about an airline seat sale - and invited me to join him.

I'm really sorry we're leaving so late in the season, I commented, as we planned our trip. The weather will probably be really nice here in Ottawa when we're away...

But I needn't have worried... It wasn't!! We returned a week later to as much snow as we had left!
It was a wonderful respite from the cold... Just walking around without a hat and coat on was a treat...









The noon day sun beating down overhead was a little too hot for me... I really wanted to nap...











But I tried to keep going. I knew that it wouldn't be long before I'd be back home again...

A week goes by very quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment