Saturday, April 20, 2019

Giving Up Something for Lent...

From time to time, I consider giving up something I enjoy for the 40 days of Lent, like some of my friends do... But (time to confess!) - I have never succeeded! (Am I totally undisciplined?!)

This year I decided to give up computer games. They're such a waste of time!

There are two computer games that I play regularly: Solitaire, the card game on the left, and Patchwork (which may have been inspired by quilting but isn't a "quilting game"!)

I had no trouble giving up Patchwork - but before long I was back to playing my regular half dozen games of Solitaire before bedtime.

Is the game that addictive?! Or does it take my mind off everything else and prepare me to fall asleep?

Whatever the reason, I'd still like to give it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment