Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Tea With Honey... and History

Terry and I both had lingering coughs last month - an annoying "tickle" in the back of the throat that just wouldn't go away... (Terry's lasted almost 2 months.)

I hunted online for natural remedies and came up (no surprise!) with: lemon, honey and ginger.

I had been drinking unsweetened freshly-squeezed lemonade for a while, with no noticeable improvement to my cough, and ginger doesn't always agree with me. So I eventually started drinking a cup of tea with honey at bedtime...

Not sure if it helped my cough, but I sometimes did sleep better - right through the night.

One of the jars of honey we had in the cupboard was Peace River Honey - from the "Peace River country" in Alberta, where my mother began her teaching career in September 1939.

She had lived in Preston Lake and Grande Prairie... Where was this honey made? 

I looked the company up online. I couldn't find out exactly where they are located, but I did discover that they are the largest organic honey producer in Canada.

(My mother would have been proud!)


No comments:

Post a Comment