Thursday, February 28, 2019

Arnprior in Winter

One recent sunny day Terry and I headed to Arnprior for a change of scene.

A 45 minute drive from Ottawa, Arnprior was built on a spot where two rivers meet - where the Madawaska River flows into the Ottawa River.










We couldn't get to the park next to the Ottawa River: high snow banks blocked the park entrance.










We stood on a bridge to watch the Madawaska River flow over the falls.

In the distance, we could see the river banks that had flooded a few years ago in spring. I took pictures and posted them on my blog.

We didn't see any ducks or sea gulls, as we usually do... I wonder where they go when the weather is cold.



We marveled at long icicles hanging down from some of the older buildings nearby...

Beautiful - but potentially dangerous!








Later we stopped for muffins and soup in our favorite cafe.











We don't do many day trips in winter, but for one day the weather was mild, so it was a great opportunity to get out.

I noticed this cute "SHOP" sign - but with all my discarding and de-cluttering at home, it was easy to resist the urge to SHOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment