Friday, October 19, 2018

It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better!!

I enjoyed the book "Happier at Home" - which I borrowed from the public library.

In audio-book format, I listend to it while I knit, absorbing practical ideas on creating happiness - while watching a sweater progress! Definitely a win-win situation!

The first month of Gretchen Rubin's 8-month "Happier at Home Project" - focused on organizing her apartment. She went shelf by shelf, asking herself: Do I use this? Do I love this? as she decided what to keep and what to give away.

I was motivated to try this myself, though I doubted that I could organize the whole house in a month...

I started with my art supplies, stored on top of a cupboard. I was hoping to find my watercolors -  so that I could paint the lovely afternoon sunsets I could see through the window.

As I pulled out books and paper, I realized why I resist organizing, unless I have lots of energy...
The situation gets worse before it gets better!

The mess I created pulling everything out required decision making, as I considered: How can I store this in a better way? Do I have enough energy for all this today?!

Why not just put it all back and leave it for another day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment