Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Comfortable White Sweater... Done!

One of the projects I started - and finished - this summer is this white knit sweater...

I purchased it as a kit from the Mary Maxim website a few years ago, but got distracted by other projects. Recuperating after surgery this past hot summer, I not only managed to start - but also finish - it!

I haven't pressed it - something my mother wasn't fond of doing to knit clothing, as it stretched them. But the front opening may need to be "flattened" a bit.

I remember wondering what the sweater would look like - as the illustration on the pattern didn't reveal a lot of information. But I purchased the kit anyway because someone commented that this was now her favorite sweater... Called a "Comfort Cardigan," it's slightly loose, draping comfortably on the shoulders.

One surprise was that the sweater was knit in one piece, from the collar down. I really love that! Almost no sewing!

Now that it's done, I'd change only one thing were I to knit it again. I'd add two pockets. Another thing I'm wondering about is whether I'd prefer being able to close it - perhaps with a zipper, invisible hooks or visible buttons.

I may knit a second one. I have similar yarn that I bought on sale a few years ago. The yarn isn't quite as soft, though, so I wonder if it will be as comfortable as this white one is. And I will add pockets, if I end up making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment