Tuesday, October 23, 2018

African Violets in Bloom

Years ago, I was given a dozen small African Violet plants.

They were a gift from a neighbor who no longer wanted to care for them. Some never survived the move to our much cooler house.

There are different kinds of African violets. When I received them, the pots were all carefully labeled.  At the time, I didn't bother keeping track of their names. Now I wish I had!





Half a dozen of these plant gifts are still going strong in our house, and remind me of that kind neighbor who no longer lives across the street.

The ones currently in bloom are all next to windows - but not in direct sun. This one sits in the shade of our carport, facing east.






I've never figured out their blooming season - it seems somewhat erratic.

These are currently in bloom.

Their flowers aren't showy - but I enjoy them nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment