Saturday, October 6, 2018

Driving Through Calabogie

After visiting Richard Gill's pottery studio, Terry and I took a different route home - through the resort town of Calabogie, popular for boating and hiking in summer and skiing in winter.

There had been pictures on the news about tornado damage in this region and we wanted to see how bad it was.









The damage might have been in a wooded area. I'm not sure...








But the only damage we happened upon was this freshly broken tree...

Calabogie Lake is such a beautiful place to visit. I don't remember when we were last year - but it has been years.







My most vivid memory of Calabogie was walking on a beach with my two children, heavily pregnant with my third child.

Suddenly my two-year-old son headed straight into the water. I tried to catch up with him, but couldn't wade that fast...


(Would I lose one child just before giving birth to another?!!)

I yelled for Terry - who fortunately was able to scoop him up just as he was losing his balance and falling face first into the water.

After that experience, I never wanted to visit the the lake again... even though it is such a lovely place.


No comments:

Post a Comment