Monday, February 26, 2018

Moving Along... in Quilting

My daughter commented that the mauve quilt I recently finished reminded her of pastel-colored candy Easter eggs...

It's the second mauve quilt I completed this winter.











The white squares in my first one (which I finished just before Christmas) reminded me of Christmas tree lights...

I've also been working on my black and white "Bento Box" quilt.

I hand-quilted it in two large sections, sewed the two together, then added binding.











I'm glad to see that my bin of black and white fabric is not as full as it used to be! I may even be able to transfer it to a smaller bin!

That would be "progress"! My goal is to use up the fabrics I've accumulated over the years.

I did end up buying some soft flannel to use as backing on the black, white and red quilt I plan to make next...

But I managed to complete the last three quilts without purchasing anything!

2 comments: