Tuesday, February 20, 2018

At the Pottery Studio

My pottery "season" is almost ending. This year, they cut the winter session short in order to re-program the computer system. In the meantime, I'm in the midst of "production"!

These bowls just came out of the kiln. I expected them to be bluish green, but they turned out brown.

Not sure how that happened. One of the potters suggested that I didn't dip them in glaze long enough.

I notice that the inner surface has ridges that I didn't notice before. Smoothing out the inside is something I'll have to focus on next time.


Other bowls have been bisque fired. and are ready to be glazed when I'm at the studio next.










I made a few pottery heads. They're always fun to do! Not sure what they could be used for... Possibly paper weights!

Not sure what else I'll have time to make with my big bag of clay... But time is running out... I'll have to work fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment