Friday, February 23, 2018

Downtown Guelph - in Winter

During my last trip to Toronto, my daughter and I headed to Guelph, Ontario - for an afternoon.

It was a "business trip" of sorts - she was scouting out apartment options, were she to move to Guelph.

We took the train one way, and a Greyhound bus the other.

By train, Guelph is an hour away from Toronto. The bus - having to deal with traffic - can take a bit longer.




It was interesting to see the lovely old buildings of historic downtown.












And to check out a few coffee shops in the course of the day.

This one had toys... and "vintage" crocheted afghans - 1960's style.












I've been to Guelph before... I used to attend an annual Christian Writers Conference here, but it was held in another part of town.











That was years ago - long before I retired - and I never did explore the downtown core.











I'd like to come back once the snow is gone...













It always makes exploring a little harder.

If my daughter moves here, I expect I'll be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment