Thursday, February 15, 2018

Accepting Change...

One of life's hard things is knowing when to stop doing something you've done for years... Like trying to open a jar...

How hard should I try until I stop?! (The problem is: it doesn't hurt at the time. Only later...)

I probably still put too much pressure on my wrist trying to do things I shouldn't do anymore. It's hard to tell myself not to even try - to wait till Terry or one of my sons is here...  Not when I've been doing it for years... But I'm learning that it's what I have to do.

In the meantime, a friend showed me a jar opener she uses. It's intended to lift a lid up a bit - to pop the vacuum and let a little air escape.

It has two "hooks" - for different sized lids.






It dents the lid a bit, which I don't like. (And it probably would crack plastic.)

It only works on about half the jars I've tried it on.

But it's probably what I need to start using from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment