Thursday, November 2, 2017

Going Back and Reconnecting

My trip to Edmonton six weeks ago made a lasting impression on me. Seeing people and places I had known as a child meant a lot to me... But it was also interesting to see places I don't remember - but I recognize the names because my parents talked about them...

Like Rolly View... I never really thought about the name - but the hills are rolling here... and the view is lovely!











Coal Lake... Was there really coal in the lake or nearby?!

Nearby the town of Beaumont - in French "beautiful mountain"... Did these hills seem like mountains to its first French inhabitants?

And then - on the hillside - seeing a water pump, like the ones my parents (and I) had used in my childhood days... That's the way we got our water - for drinking, bathing and laundry - in the villages I lived in then!

So many memories!

It was truly amazing to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment