Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What Are These Squirrels Up To?!!

Most days I see squirrels chasing each other, climbing up fences and trees, and digging holes in garden beds and lawns...

But I've never seen them hanging around cars...












I've never seen one jump up under a car and disappear, like this one did...

Was there a hole in the floor?! Had the squirrels discovered food inside?!








A few seconds later, one squirrel emerged and ran off. Then a second jumped up under the car.











Meanwhile, the first sat on a nearby patch of grass, happily munching something.

What was it?!

I never found out... But I think that the car must have run over something that was delicious for squirrels to eat.


I think they were picking the food out of the treads in the tires! Or perhaps some had stuck to the under body of the vehicle... Unless there was a hole under the car that led into the trunk. I stopped to watch, but I didn't see any squirrels jumping around inside the car...

This whole episode was a "squirrel first" for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment