Thursday, October 27, 2016

New Quilt to Finish

My goal this fall is to try to finish projects I began way back when. (In other words, it's been a while!) I've been motivated by Joyce Meyer's current theme of seizing the day - avoiding procrastination. I'm not really a procrastinator. I often stop working on projects when I become discouraged. Maybe they aren't turning out as nicely as I had hoped. Sometimes putting them aside for a while helps me see them with fresh eyes - and they don't look so bad!

Or sometimes, I conclude that "it is what it is" - and I should finish it and move on. That's what happened with this quilt. It may not be as "dramatic" as I had hoped, but after completing the red and white quilt top that had sat for years waiting to be quilted, I found the squares of this one in a bin of fabric. It started out as another "two color quilt", a concept I was fascinated with a number of years ago... though with the grey, it's really three colors. I found it a little drab, so I added some fabric with pink flowers to brighten it up.

The squares needed to be sewn together. I've almost finished doing that now. The almost finished quilt top is now lying on the spare bed upstairs, awaiting further "inspiration". Hopefully I'll get back to it soon - though I've been distracted by knitting and yard work! (The "problem" with retirement is that I have few deadlines - and oh so many things I like to do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment