Saturday, October 1, 2016

Black Rapids Lock

Terry and I were recently hunting for the Black Rapids Lock, a lock I had gone through on my Rideau River cruise earlier this year. I knew it was  within the city of Ottawa, somewhere between Carleton University and the village of Manotick. But where?!

Parts of the shore line are inaccessible to cars, other parts are on private property - so Terry and I drove along carefully, looking for some indication of access to a lock.

Eventually we found a sign - and turned down a long gravel driveway.












After parking, we explored the little park that had grown up around the lock.












This lock is operated electrically...













I sat for a while, enjoying the peace and tranquility












What a perfect place to relax, have a picnic, or come to sketch and paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment