Saturday, October 29, 2016

Last Weekend for Carp Farmers Market

This is the last Saturday for the Carp Farmers Market, a weekly gathering of growers, bakers, food producers and crafters who sell their products in the Carp Fair Grounds, a half-hour drive from Ottawa.

Wandering through the market is one of our favorite weekend activities...












I miss it when it ends, at the end of October...













There is an indoor Christmas market in early December, which we also often attend. Many of the same vendors are there, too - those who sell fresh vegetables in fall now selling relish and other canned goods they have made.

I head to the Christmas Market to stock up on Eccles Cakes from the "British Pie Lady" - enough to last me till the Easter market comes around! Hopefully she hasn't run out by the time I get there - as happened one year!




Terry usually heads straight to his "maple syrup man." Pancakes with real maple syrup are a favorite winter comfort food for him.

I always look forward to its opening again in early May!


Attending the Carp Farmers Market has become a seasonal tradition for Terry and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment