Saturday, October 22, 2016

Tempting Fall Fair... and Farmers Market

Last Saturday I attended two food-related events...

The Fall Fair at my mother's nursing home, where I usually have lunch and enjoy browsing at their craft and bake tables.










I don't do a lot of baking anymore, so it's an occasional treat to buy what others have made - and support the many activities made available to the residents thanks to the extra money the fair raises.

This year, for the first time, my mother's nurse contributed home made spring rolls - which, of course, I had to try!











Later, Terry and I headed to the Carp Farmers Market, where I decided to sample some Tibetan dumplings.











(I don't expect to ever go to Tibet, so this was my chance to taste Tibetan food.)

Both the vegetarian and meat dumplings were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment