Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hooded Baby Towels

When I was expecting my first child, I sewed a hooded baby towel, choosing yellow as a "unisex" color, not knowing whether I'd have a boy or a girl.

I used the towel for all three of my babies. It's been washed hundreds of times - yet it doesn't look too bad, for a towel that's more than 30 years old!










I decided to make one for my new granddaughter. This one has a matching "mitten" face cloth, and a loop for hanging it up!

(A family tradition continues!)






4 comments:

  1. Love them both! I too made these for my children however the towels did not last. :-( My children used them until they became tweens. They were really big towels!! - Pat in Brossard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Towels can be used for years, unlike other things one makes that are quickly outgrown.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you made one used by all three kids! Ivy LOVES hers -- it's big and warm! xo

    ReplyDelete