Tuesday, June 28, 2016

What is that flower called?!!

I have a lot of perennials in my yard. Some were here when we bought our home, more than 30 years ago. I was given others - or I bought them... at nurseries or neighborhood plant sales. A few years ago, I created a catalogue of plants in the yard - to help me remember their names! I printed a copy up... though there were a few whose names I didn't know.

One of those are these small purplish blue flowers that bloom in June...

They're in bloom right now!


How to find out what they're called?!

To go to a nursery and look for them, of course!





One city nursery, Artistic Landscape Design, boasts having 4000 perennials. So I headed over.











Sure enough, I quickly found my plant: It's a bell flower, called Campanula Genti Twisterbell.
















That was easy! It took about five minutes!

I should have come here to find it years ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment