Friday, June 24, 2016

Exercise Dilemma

A friend called me the other day. She mentioned all her aches and pains... "I'll have to start exercising again," she added.

Her words reminded me: So will I!!

I've been doing a Curves exercise program for almost 10 years. It worked for me! I loved the simplicity of the concept... Half an hour on a fitness circuit three times a week. Anytime. In and out and I'm done!

So why am I not there?!

For the third time, my Curves location has shut down! Part of the reason may be that Curves is an American franchise... And our Canadian dollar isn't faring well against the US dollar these days. Profit margins for franchise owners are lower now...

What to do? In a city that once had a dozen Curves locations - only two remain, one 19 kilometers from our house, the other 15...

There are other exercise facilities within walking distance, Terry reminds me... Why drive so far?!

(Because I like it...? Because it works for me...?)

He doesn't understand how different the Curves concept is from a gym. (I had a YMCA membership when my kids were in school... Curves is so much easier and more fun... for me!)

What to do? Try to create an exercise space in the basement, one that resembles Curves - using these suggestions in a Curves book?

Or sign up at a new location, even if it means driving farther?

It's a decision I'll soon have to make! I don't want to go back to aches and pains. Being fit is important - especially at my age!

No comments:

Post a Comment