Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Visiting Montreal's Fine Arts Museum

This December, admission is free to Montreal's Museum of Fine Art...

The museum is only a few blocks from where we were staying, so we decided to visit - and see what was on display.









The first exhibit we entered was about unique furniture and household items from different countries.









Terry and I were taken by the interesting display of chairs!











Some, like this double-decker chair, were fun - but totally impractical!














The museum was full of students sketching unusual pieces...










We just wandered around looking at whatever caught our eyes - like this large sculpture made entirely of Lego pieces...

This watering can display from Sweden looked vaguely familiar...










I know why! I have the very same watering can... purchased at Ikea! (I have never thought of it as "fine art" before!









I was inspired by these pottery pieces from around the world.










They are all containers with lids.











In a few weeks, I may be checking these pictures again, as I wonder what to make when my pottery studio sessions resume in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment