Sunday, December 13, 2015

Advent: Wait and WORK!

I have been trying to prepare myself spiritually for Christmas this year by observing Advent, in my own way. By that, I mean that I have been reading a short meditative passage by Henri Nouwen every morning to set the tone for my day. My hope is that Christmas will lose some of its commercial luster for me this year! There have been years when all I've thought about was shopping!

It has gradually occurred to me that there is another aspect to Advent that I have overlooked. That is the WORK involved in many of our Christmas traditions... like sending Christmas cards to reconnect with old friends. It's a tradition that I love - but it requires a certain amount of time and effort.

Baking is another tradition that requires effort. And then there is the tree!

I really do need the 25 days of Advent to prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment