Saturday, December 26, 2015

The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency Series

I haven't read a novel in ages... As an adolescent, my life revolved around weekly treks to the public library to borrow novels every week. Reading them was a lovely escape...

Wouldn't it be great to come across a fun novel again?! (Nothing heavy or morbid!)

Then came a weekend of church fall fairs - and their wonderful book tables! I picked up half a dozen books - among them a few novels. I began to read the first in a series I had heard about when I was still teaching (but hadn't found time to read then): the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency - set in the African country of Botswana.

After a few chapters, I couldn't put the novel down! By evening I had finished it - and had downloaded the second in the series to my e-reader from the public library.

I finished that one and downloaded the third in the series. Next I plan to read number four, which is the second one I bought.

Happily, this light - but interesting - detective series has grown to more than a dozen books... Enough to keep me reading all winter long! I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I found this series a few years ago, and also picked up several copies at used book stores. His series set in Scotland is also absorbing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this series several years ago, and also saw the TV series on DVD. Highly recommended! McCall Smith's other series, set in Scotland, is also intriguing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete