Friday, January 9, 2015

Trying to Re-purpose Clear Plastic Jars

Quite a few years ago, I began collecting large plastic jars for a woman who taught pottery in a women's prison. She needed plastic as glass containers were not allowed. At the time, my kids were going through a lot of peanut butter in large Costco-size containers. After sharing jars with the pottery instructor, I began collecting them for myself. Ever since, I have been using them to store bulk food items (like rice and chocolate chips) as well as sewing supplies, like my mother's sewing machine bobbins.

But eventually, I had more than I needed, and they began piling up. I stacked them up on a basement shelf.


In my current cleaning campaign - aimed at clearing out a third of my stuff (things I no longer use) - I collected the empty ones and offered them free on Kijiji...













I have quite a few - enough to fill 3 shopping bags!

Three people responded to my ad. If they don't get picked up in a week or two (once the weather clears up), they can always be recycled with plastic trash. But they are sturdy and useful - I hope they get a second life.

No comments:

Post a Comment