Monday, January 12, 2015

Finding Uses For Pottery Dishes

I've been making pottery vessels for about a year and a half. In that time, I've accumulated quite a few.


I didn't start out trying to make useful items, but it would be nice if I could use them. Most are just sitting on a shelf...














The ones I use regularly have a place in the cupboard. (No two are alike!)...














I use them mostly for serving snacks, like nuts...

Holding creams...

A candle...


I've just started using this one as a soap dish. Now I am wondering: Should I try to make a toothbrush holder to match?!

I remember an artist friend commenting that pottery is about making vases... That's one thing I've never made!

Last week I headed back to the pottery studio. One thing I plan to make - that I've never made before - is a spoon! It doesn't look hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment