Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Suddenly... Summer is Gone!

The Farmer's Almanac predicts an early winter this year - was a comment I overheard in the summer. (I never have been a fan of the Almanac - because of comments like this!)

I don't believe it! I told myself. Summer wasn't that extreme. (We hardly had to use the air conditioner...)  Surely summer will gently merge into fall - and fall will slowly become winter... Our first snow will arrive... maybe around December 15th. (In time for Christmas.)

But suddenly, around Labor Day weekend, cool weather hit! Evenings became chilly... leaving me scrambling to find warmer clothing! (A fluke, perhaps?! Summer can't end that suddenly, that soon, can it?!)

But cooler weather has continued ever since!

Leaves are beginning to fall - and we go out bundled up.

I don't know how it is in the rest of North America, but here in south-eastern Ontario, summer is definitely gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment