Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back in Toronto



We recently spent a few days in Toronto...


Of course, we had to visit the harbor front...










 

(One of my favorite walks is ambling along the boardwalk beside Lake Ontario in downtown Toronto.)











Every time I come, I see something I've never noticed before - like this water taxi ferrying people back and forth to Toronto Island (in the distance). I've taken the boat bus across, but I didn't know there were water taxis!










I've stopped in at this pet cafe for coffee (where dogs on leashes are always welcome - there is a doggy play area for unleashed pets as well.) But I don't remember these interesting dog-related sayings:






 



"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."












"My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am."










Terry was delighted to find this statue of one of his favorite politicians - the late Jack Layton, who died 3 years ago. He was known for riding a bike in downtown Toronto where he lived.











Before leaving the boardwalk, we had to try beer from a newly re-located brewery.











(Our son chose the 4-beer sampler!)










 



Walking along Lake Ontario always has a calming effect on me. Such a relaxing spot - in the middle of busy downtown Toronto!









No comments:

Post a Comment