Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dividing Potted Plants

I often put several small plants into one pot. I find they grow better that way.



A while back - several years, I'd guess - I planted a tiny palm tree in the same pot where aloe vera and another very sensitive plant (whose name I don't remember) were growing. If the soil becomes to dry, the sensitive plant droops - a reminder to water it.

They have grown well together. All have thrived. So now I need to separate them to avoid crowding.










I decided to dig out the aloe vera plants... (They have multiplied). I put them, together with the water-sensitive plant into a new pot.











Then I filled the pots with fresh soil and watered them. I hope they survive... (Changing environments can be hard on them.) I'm wondering if I chose a good soil to add to each pot. Miracle Gro claims that plants will grow twice as big in this soil...













I want them healthy - but I don't want them that big!!

No comments:

Post a Comment