Monday, April 1, 2013

Quilting Inspiration

This winter has definitely been an active quilting season for me. But just as snow begins to melt - and my thoughts are turning to gardening and yard work - I have discovered a wonderful new quilting book - full of quilting inspiration!


















So I have been pulling out bins of scraps - and working on this quilt called "Scrapper's Delight," a variation of the log cabin pattern.














The quilt in the book has lots of primary colors in it - red, yellow and blue.














So far, mine has been dulled down by a predominance of blues and greens.














I have discovered, while going through my scraps, that I have very few bits of bright yellow. It's not a color I quilt in - though I love the cheerfulness of yellow.














There are other quilts in the book that I'm drawn to - like this color block with a white square in the middle of each color.














Also this one. And of course, the one on the cover.














Will I run out of scraps before I run out of inspiration?! As I dig through my plastic bins of fabric, I somehow doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment