Friday, April 5, 2013

Final "Winter Textures" Art Class

We had our final "winter textures" art class - and I managed to fulfill our goal of completing and framing three illustrations. (I have never framed any of my art before.)














There is a sense of finality about closing it up in a frame.














No more changes!


















Mary (my neighbor who invited me to my first botanical drawing class a year ago) brought some budding birch branches from her back yard for us to paint.














It was the first time I tried smooth "hot press" paper. I liked it - no texture to deal with.


















I was pleased with the result. This botanical art class has been interesting... and challenging: Painting "ordinary" things in nature, like branches and leaves with all their minute details, has brought me new appreciation for the detailed beauty of nature! (It has infused new meaning into the expression "God is in the details": In art, "life" is in the details!)

No comments:

Post a Comment