Saturday, April 20, 2013

Reverse-Shopping

One of the sad aspects of modern life, for me, is the fast pace that electronics become obsolete and have to be discarded.


















I don't know if I'm a "frugalista" - as some of my friends call themselves.














But I definitely don't like to see perfectly good - but now inoperable - machines fill garbage dumps!


















It was with some sadness - and some relief - that I uncluttered a shelf this week by taking two now-obsolete printers back to the store I bought them at. (In our area, stores that sell electronics are obliged to take them back and have them safely re-cycled.)


















At the same time, I dropped off some clothing we no longer wear at my neighborhood "Nearly New" shop. Hopefully they can be used by others. In an ideal world, the same would be true of used electronics as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment