Saturday, April 6, 2013

Yes, We Still Have Snow

Signs of spring are slowly arriving: My garden beds are slowly emerging!














I can walk on the roads in my neighborhood again, free from the fear of slipping on ice!












But we still have snow, large mounds of it in some places!














In fact, in some places - notably at the edge of parking lots - large mountains of dirty snow are so tall they block nearby houses and buildings from view.














Around my house, however, flower beds are beginning to emerge.














(No life there yet...)














A few days ago, our next-door neighbor had two trees in his front yard removed...














 (Trimming and tree removal: another sign of spring!)














Later my son commented: There must have been a lot of melting. From the upstairs window I can now see right down the street!


















Yes, it's melting. But the view has opened up - not because snow has melted - but because two trees were cut down...














(With the world around us changing daily, it's easy to get confused!)


No comments:

Post a Comment