Thursday, December 20, 2012

Paper Stars

My father knew how to make folded paper stars - and once he tried (unsuccessfully) to teach me. The memory of giving up returned as I struggled to follow the instructions I found on the internet. Should I give up again?!














He had made it look so easy, his big hands folding the tiny strips of paper with surprising agility. Watching him, I got lost in the complicated set of steps.














 Too hard! I had said, and left the kitchen table. But now I'm trying again...














Each time, it gets a little easier. I think I've mastered the eight points - but I'm still struggling with the 3-dimensional sides.














What would he say if he could see me struggle?! I think he'd be proud. He knew how to do so many things - and we, for some reason or another, learned very few of his skills (fixing cars, solving the Rubik's cube)!

No comments:

Post a Comment