Saturday, December 15, 2012

Interesting Christmas Trees Decorations

A few weeks ago, I bought these hand-crocheted Christmas tree ornaments at a craft sale here in Ottawa.














Now I wish I had picked up a few more.














I didn't realize they were a Swiss tradition.














There was a Christmas tree display at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts when we were there - and I noticed similar hand- crafted decorations on a tree decorated by a Swiss women's club!














Another tree I noticed was this one with origami paper decorations. It reminded me of folded the stars my father knew how to make out of paper. They were exquisite! Unfortunately none of us learned how to make them. We just watched in admiration as he folded paper this way and that and created a star.














Here's another with decorations made of yarn and canvas (I think).














Later, I noticed some interesting tree decorations on a restaurant patio on St Denis street.














Slices of a tree trunk - with the grain of the wood making an interesting design!


















Attractive Christmas decorations can be made out of almost anything! (I wonder what ours would be made of - if we had to make them entirely by hand out of everyday things we had at home, as my father did in his childhood years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment