Saturday, November 17, 2012

Photographing... Barns!

Perhaps it was the acrylics class where we painted a picture of a barn in winter...














Perhaps it was the barn I visited in Edmonton in September - one my grandfather built in the 1930s.














But I have begun to notice - and photograph - barns...



Old ones...














Red ones...














Unpainted ones.














Massive structures that age beautifully.














Impressive architectural feats created - not by architects - but by farmers and rural carpenters...















 Beautiful!












 

I snap pictures of them whenever we drive in the country...














Why are you taking all these pictures of barns? Terry asks.














I want to draw or paint pictures of some of them, I tell him. This may be my "year of the barn"!

No comments:

Post a Comment